Sunday 9 December 2012

Sunday Sounds 58 - the Les Misérables edition

Next Thursday, the film of The Hobbit comes out - and regular readers will not be surprised to know that I've had my ticket booked for about 3 weeks now... very exciting.

Looking beyond that, the next film I'm excited about is the adaptation of the Les Misérables musical - even if it does have Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe in it...


Here's Matt Lucas and Jenny Galloway performing Master of the House at the O2 25th anniversary concert production:


And finally, an international version of Do You Hear the People Sing/One Day More, from the 10th Anniversary Concert:


Enjoy,

Andrew

1 comment:

Raybeard said...

I'm as excited as you are about the film version of 'Les Mis' - which, I see, opens in the States before Xmas. It looks terrific from the trailers, despite my reservation that filmed musicals are so much inferior to the live theatrical experience. But this one is a real must-see. Although other musicals in history include their high points no other one I know has the continual 'high' throughout that 'Les Mis' provides for me.
You talk about looking forward to the film 'even' with Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe, as though it's 'despite' their presences. Crowe I can understand to some extent. He's certainly not everyone's cup of tea, though I think it's good and interesting casting. But the lovely Hugh? Oh bliss! Couldn't be yummier! (You might guess that I'm a fan.)

Can't get so worked up about the 'Hobbit' films, though I will be seeing them all.