Friday 21 September 2012

A Quote for the Day

By the time this is published, I shall be embarking on my journey to Brighton and the Liberal Democrat party conference.

It's my first, and I'm really looking forward to it - the debates, the fringes, the people. It's going to be non-stop but I'm determined to enjoy and soak up every last bit of the experience.

It's also my first time in Brighton, but am unlikely to see much of it! Although, I am hoping to got to Fishy Fishy tomorrow evening. An advertised fact which drew a thank-you from the proprietor, a certain Mr Dermot O'Leary:


So Dermot gets added to a list which includes, amongst others, Davina McCall, Christine Hamilton and Colin Jackson of famous tweeters who I've exchanged tweets with. But he really isn't the subject of this post.

No, in a move that wasn't in any way contrived, I wanted to find a literary quote relating to Brighton. Quite quickly, I turned to Graham Greene - and found this quote from Brighton Rock:
“A brain is only capable of what it could conceive, and it couldn't conceive what it hasn't experienced”
In an age of Professional Politicians, it is perhaps an apt quote for the week.

Andrew

No comments: