Saturday 18 August 2012

Saturday Six

Welcome to a new feature for my blog. Saturday Six will be a hand-picked half-dozen selected from my favourite blogposts and articles of a week; drawn from the pool of blogs I read and links I've followed on Twitter. It's likely to have a political bent as though I don't write as many political posts as I would like, I do read plenty!

On that basis, Stephen's Liberal Journal and Caron's Musings are likely to feature regularly, as they do this week. While I'm mentioning other blogs, I'd also point you in the direction of Jonathan Calder's Six of the Best posts, Andrew Hickey's Linkblogging and Jennie Rigg's The Blood is the Life posts for further digests of what people are reading. And, of course, there's the Lib Dem Golden Dozen.

So, without much further ado, the inaugural half-dozen are:

Stephen and Caron's pieces on Julian Assange and the UK's "threat" to enter the Ecuadorian Embassy to remove him.

Tom Copley on LabourList - on the irony of Assange's relationship with Ecuador.

Why should School Playing Fields be the responsibility of the Department for Education and associated QUANGOs? Dan Falchikov has an excellent point.

Suffering from OWS (Olympic Withdrawal Syndrome)? There's nothing like a good montage to perk you up - and Stephen (a different Stephen!) has one from the Lego Games.

The final post this week goes to Jo over at Stealing Good Design for her to-die-for desserts. Well, I say that, but I'm still awaiting my dinner invite! :-p In any case, if these were even half as good as her cakes, then they would have been exceptional!

Andrew

1 comment:

Jennie Rigg said...

Thanks for linkies :)