Monday 5 March 2012

A Well Loved Book

Few books have has as much of an impact on my life as J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings and The Silmarillion. Whilst there are many authors whose work I revisit (or intend to revisit), none are subject to the 4-yearly regime I implement with these tales from Middle Earth.

And so it is that every leap and Olympic year is, for me, a Tolkien year - with the bonus of a film to look forward to this year, too. I'm currently re-reading The Hobbit but my copy, printed in 1986, is, showing its age... 



I'm going to have to replace it for next time, although the last time I tried to replace it, I kept spotting typo's. Ironic, as the copy picture has a number of typos of its own, particularly missing full stops  I'll keep a hold of this copy though, which has served me well for 26 years, and cherish it like the old friend it is.

Andrew

1 comment:

Jennie Rigg said...

You could always take a bookbinding course and mend it....