Wednesday 22 June 2011

Not an A-Z of my CDs: P

This week: Prince. But, for my first choice, I'm taking liberties with my own rules... I've gone for When Dove's Cry but Quindon Tarver's version from the soundtrack to Baz Luhrman's Romeo and Juliet.



As it happened, it is next to impossible to find the Prince version on You Tube as where it does appear, the soundtrack has been muted for copyright reasons. A bit of an odd position, I feel, for an artist who has previously released an album as a free give away in the Mail on Sunday!

Anyway, I was able to get a copy of my second choice for today, Cream:



Enjoy!

Andrew

1 comment:

Stephen Glenn said...

Of course the whole problem with Prince early catalogue was the messy release from his slavery, in his opinion, to Warner Brothers. That might well account for why his stuff on WB is muted, like the brilliant When Doves Cry.