Monday 2 May 2011

If you like that, you'll like this...

Of course, when someone says that, it's not always a given that you will like the recommendation - I love The Lord of the Rings but not a reader of other Fantasy novels although that's maybe because I started at the summit...

That said, though, a recommendation based on genre is as good a place as any to start and can open up the doors to new experiences and further exploration. This is the aim of Music Map (which I found using Stumble Upon).

Although some of the links may be questionable, it produces interesting suggestions and displays them graphically which is slightly more interesting than a list of related artists in, say, Spotify.

Here are two screen grabs to illustrate the results. First, Adele (have I mentioned that I am currently loving her material) and secondly Peter Gabriel who is a favourite of my friend and fellow blogger Stephen.




Why not click on the link above, and go and explore yourself!

Andrew

No comments: