Wednesday 30 December 2009

A Taste of Things to Come

It's good to be finally getting my finger out and blogging after the Christmas break - although I can't help thinking I should have done this yesterday!

I had a break away for Christmas, visiting my family, although I ended up in bed for half the time I was there with a touch of flu. This was particularly frustrating as, apart from the occasional snuffle, I rarely get ill and can't remember the last time I had something that floored me.

Anyway, am back to almost normal now! And am back with a pile of new books and DVDs. You can expect reviews and mention of some of the following in the weeks and months to come:
  • One City - a book of short stories by prominent Edinburgh writers
  • Planet Earth - the complete series on DVD
  • Andrew Marr's Making of Modern Britain and History of Modern Britain DVDs
  • The Nation's Favourite Poems - I'll be using it as a source for my Anthology series
  • The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters
  • Butterfly Brain -Barry Cryer
  • I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue - Live on Stage - a DVD recording featuring the late Humphrey Lyttelton
  • The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
  • Anne Enright's book,
  • The Gathering
  • Fermat's Last Theorem - Simon Singh
  • Child 44 - Tom Rob Smith
  • A Pale View of Hills by Kazuo Ishiguro - one of my favourite authors
  • Devil May Care - Sebastian Faulks writing as Ian Fleming
  • How Fiction Works by James Wood
So, a nice little pile of books and DVDs for me to get my teeth into!

Andrew

No comments: